OVWRC’s Reuse Centre is open year around during regular operating hours and provides customers with an alternative to disposal. Some things are just too good for landfill. Entrance is at the Hazardous Waste/Electronics Waste Depot (Gate 3). Residents and businesses from our partner Municipalities (Town of Petawawa, City of Pembroke, Township of Laurentian Valley and Township of North Algona Wilberforce) may drop material off for reuse at no charge. Materials can also be removed for free.
Acceptable Items at the Reuse Centre
All items will be inspected by OVWRC staff. Please enter at the Hazardous Waste Depot for inspection.
- Construction.Renovation Materials – Windows, doors, wood (not painted or stained, no nails), plumbing fixtures
- Furniture (limited space for large items) – Wooden dressers, desks, tables
- Sporting Goods – Bikes, skis, snowshoes, golf clubs
- Outdoor Items – Patio/lawn chairs, children’s outdoor toys
Items must be in usable/working condition.
Due to health and safety concerns, OVWRC staff are not able to assist with unloading of material from customer vehicles. Acceptance of items is based on available space. OVWRC staff have discretion not to accept an item.
Non-Acceptable Items at the Reuse Centre
(Items can be disposed of at the Ottawa Valley Waste Recovery Centre, some fees may apply)
- Appliances (Fridge, Freezer, Stove)
- Car Seats & Cribs
- Cassette Tapes/VHS Tapes
- CDs and DVDs
- Entertainment units
- Exercise Equipment
- Framed Artwork
- Hazardous Waste
- Plastic gardening flats/trays/pots
- Textiles/Clothing/Towels, etc. (Can be dropped off in the Canadian Diabetes Association Clothesline Bin located at the Reuse Centre)
- Small Household “Knick Knacks”
- Stuffed Toys
- Upholstered Furniture
OVWRC has a Canadian Diabetes Association Clothesline Bin for donation of gently used clothing.
It will be accessible during our regular operating hours. The Clothesline Bins accept:
- Gently used clothing
- All cloth-based items
- Sleeping bags
- Belts and ties