Curbside collection of Large Items occurs in the Spring and the Fall in the Town of Petawawa, City of Pembroke, and Township of Laurentian Valley.
2020 Large Item Collection Dates
(Residents of Petawawa, Pembroke, Laurentian Valley)
Fall – Week of September 14th on your regular collection day – DO NOT place items curbside earlier than Sunday, September 13th
Large Item Collection is for household items like furniture, mattresses, scrap metal and electronic waste ONLY. Smaller items may be placed in a garbage bag and put out for regular garbage collection (within bag limits).
- Set-out items no earlier than the date specified on your collection schedule. Collection occurs on your regular collection day.
- Small items and material placed out in cardboard boxes or garbage bags WILL NOT be collected.
- Construction and Renovation material such as toilets, wood, windows and doors, hazardous waste or tires WILL NOT be collected.
- Scrap metal and non-freon metal appliances, freon appliances, electronic waste and acceptable large items must be placed in separated piles.
- Acceptable materials must be manageable by two people and cannot exceed 80 lbs, 27 cubic feet or 6 feet long.
|Material types must be placed in separated piles
||These items must be brought to OVWRC for disposal. (Tipping fees MAY apply).
Plastic Flower Pots & Trays
Clothing & Textiles
Small Items: Items smaller than 9″ x 14″ x 22″ or items that can fit into a standard garbage bag or can
Glass Table Tops (broken glass is acceptable in sealed container or box marked “Broken Glass”)