Curbside collection of Large Items occurs in the Spring and the Fall in the Town of Petawawa, City of Pembroke, and Township of Laurentian Valley.
2023 Large Item Collection Dates
(Residents of Petawawa, Pembroke, Laurentian Valley)
Spring: Week of May 29 on your regular collection day – DO NOT place items cubrside earlier than Sunday, May 28
Fall – Week of September 11 on your regular collection day – DO NOT place items curbside earlier than Sunday, September 10
Large Item Collection is for household items like furniture, mattresses, scrap metal and electronic waste ONLY. Smaller items may be placed in a garbage bag and put out for regular garbage collection (within bag limits).
- Items smaller than 9” x 14” x 22” or items that can fit into a standard garbage bag or can WILL NOT be collected.
- Material placed out in cardboard boxes or garbage bags or containers WILL NOT be collected.
- Construction and Renovation material such as toilets, wood, windows and doors and wooden pallets WILL NOT be collected.
- Tires and hazardous waste such as propane tanks, paint cans and fluorescent light bulbs WILL NOT be collected.
- Clothing and textiles WILL NOT be collected.
- Acceptable materials must be manageable by two people and cannot exceed 80 lbs, 27 cubic feet or 6 feet long.
- Residents are reminded to not approach collection staff in order to respect physical distancing. Scavenging of materials that are set-out for large item collection is not permitted under Municipal By-Laws.
|Material types must be placed in separated piles
||These items must be brought to OVWRC for disposal. (Tipping fees MAY apply).
Construction Material/Renovation Material
Plastic Flower Pots & Trays
Clothing & Textiles
Small Items: Items smaller than 9″ x 14″ x 22″ or items that can fit into a standard garbage bag or can
Glass Table Tops (broken glass is acceptable in sealed container marked “Broken Glass”)