Leaf & Yard Waste Drop-Off OVWRC
**NEW** Leaves & Grass Clippings ONLY will continue to be accepted at OVWRC free of charge (Partner Municipalities) and $50/tonne (Non-Partner Municipalities). Leaves & Grass Clippings can be delivered loose or in paper bags.
Mixed Leaf & Yard Waste, Branches, Tree Limbs and Stumps will be directed to the Brush pile and charged at $95/tonne (Partner) and $150/tonne (Non-Partner).
This change reflects the fact that there is a high cost to grind and process leaf & yard waste for composting when it is mixed with branches and larger tree limbs. There is no change to curbside collection.
Leaf & Yard Waste Curbside Collection
- Curbside collection of L&YW occurs when the L&YW symbol appears on your collection schedule (see dates below).
- Acceptable items include: leaves, branches, garden/hedge/tree trimmings, house & garden plants.
- Use open top, rigid, reusable containers, cardboard boxes or paper yard waste bags.
- Individual branches must not exceed 2 inch (5 cm) in diameter or 4 ft (1.2 m) in length.
- Bundled branches and twigs must not exceed 2 ft. (0.6 m) in diameter.
- Individual bags/bundles/container cannot exceed 50 lbs (23 kg).
- L&YW must be kept separate from other items out for collection.
- L&YW in Plastic Bags will not be collected.
Leaf and Yard Waste Collection Days
Residents of Petawawa, Pembroke and Laurentian Valley:
Acceptable leaf & yard waste will be collected on scheduled days in the Spring & Fall on your regular collection day.
2020 FALL YARD WASTE COLLECTION:
Week of October 19th – On Your Regular Collection Day
Week of November 2nd – On Your Regular Collection Day
Week of November 16th – On Your Regular Collection Day