Here are some answers to our most frequently asked questions. If you have a question please e-mail us.

General Questions

What are your hours of operation?
Click here for current hours of operation.

Where are you located?
We are located at 900 Woito Station Road in Laurentian Valley Township. Click here for directions and map.

How much does it cost to drop off material?
The fees to drop off material are found on our tipping fee schedule. 

What is the Contaminated Load Fee?  
The Contaminated Load fee is applied to landfill loads which contain recyclable, compostable, construction/demolition material, hazardous or electronic waste, and/or tires OR loads of materials that are improperly sorted.  This Contaminated Load fee is significantly higher than regular tipping fees and is meant to encourage proper sorting of waste and to divert material from landfill.  The current Contaminated Load fee is listed in the tipping fee schedule.

How should I sort my material when I come to drop stuff off? 
You can save time and money by sorting your load properly.  There are designated areas at OVWRC for separated recyclables (containers and paper/cardboard), scrap metal, leaf & yard waste, brush, tires, construction, demolition and renovation materials, hazardous waste & electronic waste.

Curbside Collection Questions

I need a blue box, yellow can or green cart, where can I get one?
Blue boxes, yellow cans and green carts are available for purchase from your municipal office. Please contact them directly for details.

  • Town of Petawawa – 613-687-5536
  • City of Pembroke – 613-735-6821 x 1410
  • Township of Laurentian Valley – 613-735-6291

Can I put liquor and wine bottles in with my container recycling (yellow can)?
We encourage you to “Bag it Back” to the Beer Store. Eligible liquor and wine bottles, glass and/or plastic, aluminum cans and tetra paks (soft sided containers) can be returned to the Beer Store for a refund.  Liquor and wine bottles are acceptable with your container recycling.

Which way should my green cart be turned at the curb?
Your green cart must be placed 5 to 6 feet (1.5 to 1.8 m) from the curb or roadside (in driveway, not on sidewalk or snow bank). Green cart must have 2 to 3 feet (0.6 to 0.9 m) of clearance around it to allow for proper collection and with wheels facing away from the road.

My green cart is broken. Where can I get a new one?
Your municipal office is responsible for repairing or replacing green carts broken during collection. Please contact them directly to make arrangements.

  • Town of Petawawa – 613-687-5536
  • City of Pembroke – 613-735-6821 x 1410
  • Township of Laurentian Valley – 613-735-6291

Why wasn’t my garbage / organics / recycling picked up today?
If your material was not picked up you need to check the following information:

  • Is it the correct day for your pick up?
  • Did you have it out to the curb by 5:00 a.m.?
  • Did you have the right material out for collection?

If you have any questions about the collection of your material, please contact your municipal office.

  • Town of Petawawa – 613-687-5536
  • City of Pembroke – 613-735-6821 x 1410
  • Township of Laurentian Valley – 613-735-6291

When is curbside Spring and Fall Large Item Pick-Up?
Click here for collection dates and acceptable items. This information can also be found on your collection schedule. Please ensure that all items are placed curbside on the date specified.

Construction and Demolition Questions

How do I sort my load of construction and demolition material?
The following construction and demolition materials must be separated: Wood, Shingles, Drywall and Concrete/bricks.  For detailed sorting instructions click here.

How much does it cost to drop off construction and demolition material?
You can save money by sorting your construction and demolition (C&D) material. For C&D material sorting guidelines click here. Sorted C&D materials are charged a lower tipping fee. See our tipping fee schedule for details.