Petawawa, Pembroke and Laurentian Valley – Receiving Waste Collection Schedule Soon
March 6th, 2019 – The 2019/2020 Collection Schedules are being mailed out the week of March 18th to residents in Petawawa, Pembroke and Laurentian Valley. The annual calendar, distributed by the Ottawa Valley Waste Recovery Centre on behalf of the Municipalities, outlines collection days for waste, recycling and green carts as well as special collections such as leaf and yard waste and Spring and Fall large item collection.
The collection schedules begin April 1st. The layout and design of the schedules is the same as previous years and there are no significant program changes to note. Residents are encouraged to review the calendar to ensure they are meeting all the requirements when setting material at the curb or roadside for collection. The sorting guide, located inside the schedule, contains important information on recycling, compost and garbage.
“It’s important for residents to remind themselves of what goes where when it comes to their yellow bin, blue box and green cart.” Comments Dave Unrau, Director of Public Works for the Town of Petawawa. “You can also find out the dates of special collections such as large item and then review what is accepted and what’s not. Anytime material is set-out incorrectly it won’t be collected.”
The collection schedules include many features to assist residents in participating in the local waste management programs:
- 12 month calendar outlining collection days using symbols.
- A map to determine collection days.
- A detailed list outlining what is accepted in the yellow bin, green cart, blue box and garbage. This is detachable from the calendar to be posted in a convenient location for regular review.
- Information on proper set-out requirements such as clearance around the green cart, weight and size limits of material and proper placement of collection containers.
- Details on special pick-ups such as leaf & yard waste and large item collection.
- Information on Electronic & Hazardous Waste including the 2019 Environmental Days.
Copies of the schedules will be delivered by March 25th. You can also download copies here.