Our extended Summer Hours start on Wednesday, April 1st. We will be open Monday to Friday, 7:00 AM to 5:00 PM and Saturdays, 8:00 AM – 4:00 PM. Closed Sundays and Public Holidays. This includes the Hazardous & Electronic Waste Depot and Reuse Centre.
Extending our hours during this time will ensure customers can visit the site over a longer period of time to assist with physical distancing. However, please note, the Renfrew County and District Health Unit (RCDHU) is encouraging residents to avoid non-essential trips within the community.
To encourage physical distancing, customers will not be permitted to enter the scale house. All transactions will be completed through the small window adjacent to the scale.
The Centre will be limiting the number of customers in the public drop-off area which may contribute to longer than normal wait times. Please follow the direction of Centre staff.
As per RCDHU, please ensure you maintain a 2 metre (6 foot) distance between OVWRC staff and other customers if you visit the site.
Thank you for your cooperation.
We are CLOSED Good Friday, April 10th and open regular hours Monday, April 13th.
More information on extended summer hours starting in June will be posted at a later date.
A few reminders when visiting the site:
- Ensure load is properly secured/tarped while transporting to OVWRC.
- Wear appropriate footwear for your safety.
- Keep children and animals in vehicles at all times for their safety.
- No Smoking on OVWRC property, even while in your vehicle.
- Obey the speed limit on-site (30 km/hr).
- Properly sorting your material before you arrive will help save time once you are here. For example, keep metal, wood and garbage separated as much as possible. This will make unloading much easier and faster.