Material Handler – Part-Time (Contract)
Posted: October 6th, 2021
Deadline to Apply: OPEN
The Ottawa Valley Waste Recovery Centre is currently recruiting for Part-Time Material Handlers (Contract). The position of Material Handler provides a variety of sorting, quality control and labour duties in order to receive, process and prepare recyclables for market.
- Sorts recyclable fibres, containers and organic materials received from incoming residential and commercial generators under the supervision of the Diversion Supervisor.
- Monitors quality of sorted materials to ensure market specification requirements are achieved.
- Performs general laboring duties including sweeping, shoveling, emptying waste containers, litter pick up, general housekeeping duties.
- Works within a team of sorters.
- Comfortable standing at a raised conveyor sorting station for prolonged periods of time performing highly repetitive, routine work.
- Comfortable working in an industrial setting that is exposed to related noise, dust and odours.
- Punctual and reliable and take work direction.
- Able to bend, twist, push, pull materials and lift 50 lbs without restrictions.
- Must be able to concentrate on simple tasks for a long period of time.
- Able to recognize product materials for the purpose of sorting recyclables, organics and waste.
- Good eye/hand coordination.
- Able to work with minimal supervision either alone or as part of a team.
- High school education or equivalent work experience.
8-32 hours per week, Monday to Saturday
Rate of Pay: $16.67/hour
Start Date: Immediately
End Date: December 31st, 2021 with possibility of extension.
Interested candidates should submit their resume with cover letter to Laurie Benjamin, Diversion Supervisor via email@example.com, fax at 613-735-1837 or mail at 900 Woito Station Road, Pembroke, ON K8A 6W5.
We thank all who apply, but only those being interviewed will be contacted. Accessibility accommodations are available for all parts of the selection process. Applicants must make their needs known in advance.