Fall collection of large household goods will be happening soon for residents in the Town of Petawawa, City of Pembroke and Township of Laurentian Valley. Acceptable items must not be placed curbside earlier than Sunday, September 8th. For more information visit: https://ovwrc.com/large-item-collection/
In order for material to be collected it must be properly separated into four piles:
|Scrap Metal & Non-Freon Metal Appliances
– BBQ’s, stainless steel sinks, bikes, exercise equipment, microwave ovens, etc.
– Non-Freon Metal Appliances – oven, washer, dryer, dishwasher
Small metal appliances (irons, kettles, toasters) should be placed in your yellow bin (remove and discard cords in garbage).
|Acceptable Large Items
– Artificial Christmas Trees (Remove from cardboard box)
– Boxsprings and mattresses
– Carpets and underlay
– Furniture (desks, couches)
– Plastic – Large, bulky household plastic items (children’s swimming pools, lawn chairs, outdoor toys)
– Pool covers
– Luggage & hockey bags larger than 9” x 14” x 22”
– Mop, broom, shovel & rakes (non-metal)
– Fridges, freezers, air conditioners, water coolers, dehumidifiers. Freon does not have to be removed. Remove lids & doors from fridges/freezers.
“The large item collection is for bulky household goods. During the Spring collection we continued to see residents place small items out for collection.” States Dave Unrau, Town of Petawawa Director of Public Works. “Small items like coffee makers, flower pots, shoes and clothing may be placed out with your regular garbage in a bag or container. Small items will not be collected with acceptable large items.”
Residents are reminded of the other set out requirements for Large Item Collection:
- Small items (items smaller than 9” x 14” x 22” or items that can fit into a standard garbage bag or can) will not be collected and should be placed out for regular garbage collection.
- Material placed out in cardboard boxes or garbage bags or containers WILL NOT be collected.
- Construction and Renovation material such as toilets, wood, windows and doors, hazardous waste or tires WILL NOT be collected.
- Acceptable materials must be manageable by two people and cannot exceed 80 lbs, 27 cubic feet or 6 feet long.
DO NOT place items out earlier than Sunday, September 8th. Collection will occur the week of September 9th on your regular collection day.