We are CLOSED Good Friday, April 10th and open regular hours Monday, April 13th. Residents in Petawawa and Laurentian Valley with Friday collection – your collection moves to Saturday.
Our regular hours are Monday to Friday, 7:00 AM to 5:00 PM and Saturdays, 8:00 AM – 4:00 PM. Closed Sundays and Public Holidays. This includes the Hazardous & Electronic Waste Depot and Reuse Centre.
Please note, the Renfrew County and District Health Unit (RCDHU) is encouraging residents to avoid non-essential trips within the community. If you do visit the site, as per RCDHU, please ensure you maintain a 2 metre (6 foot) distance between OVWRC staff and other customers.
To encourage physical distancing, customers will not be permitted to enter the scale house. All transactions will be completed through the small window adjacent to the scale.
The Centre will be limiting the number of customers in all areas of the site which may contribute to longer than normal wait times. Please follow the direction of Centre staff.
Thank you for your cooperation.
More information on extended summer hours starting in June will be posted at a later date.
A few reminders when visiting the site:
- Ensure load is properly secured/tarped while transporting to OVWRC.
- Wear appropriate footwear for your safety.
- Keep children and animals in vehicles at all times for their safety.
- No Smoking on OVWRC property, even while in your vehicle.
- Obey the speed limit on-site (30 km/hr).
- Properly sorting your material before you arrive will help save time once you are here. For example, keep metal, wood and garbage separated as much as possible. This will make unloading much easier and faster.