Christmas trees are accepted at the Ottawa Valley Waste Recovery Centre for drop-off at no charge during the month of January from residents in partner Municipalities. Artificial trees are considered landfill and regular fees apply.
Christmas trees are also collected curbside in Petawawa, Pembroke and Laurentian Valley:
- Christmas trees are collected in Petawawa and Laurentian Valley during the week of January 8th on your REGULAR COLLECTION DAY.
- Christmas trees will be collected in the City of Pembroke on January 8th ONLY (weather permitting – if significant snowstorm, collection will be rescheduled).
- Christmas trees are collected separately from all other material.
- Trees must be free from all lights and decorations.
- Artificial trees or trees in plastic bags will not be collected.
- Do not place Christmas tree in your green cart.
- Do not place Christmas trees on top of or in a snow bank.
Christmas Trees are delivered to the Ottawa Valley Waste Recovery Centre where they are turned into wood chips. This material is then used in the composting process at the Centre or sold as landscaping mulch.